To establish NIC as a leading developer throughout the UAE and enhance long-term equity value and returns.
To provide our shareholders with lucrative returns and to provide the community with excellence through thoughtful planning, sustainable developments and vibrant ideas that we bring to life.
- Service: Serve as trusted project developers and property administrators, creating lasting value and leaving a positive legacy for generations to come.
- Quality: Remain committed to the highest standards of quality, safety, balance and sustainability.
- Credibility: Be ethical, honest and open in everything we do.
NIC is managed by pioneering businessmen represented by:
- H.H. Dr. Sheikh Sultan Bin Khalifa Al Nahyan – Chairman
- H.H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Sultan Bin Khalifa Al Nahyan – Member of the Board Of Directors
- H.E. Mubarak Mattar Al Humairi – Vice Chairman.
- H.E. Saeed Eid Al Ghafli – Member of the Board of Directors
- H.E. Ahmed Saif Ali Al Dhabea Al Darmaki – Member of the Board of Directors
- H.E. Hisham Abd Ahmid – Member of the Board of Directors
- H.E. Nasser Abdulrahman Mohammad Rafi Al Khazraji – Member of the Board of Directors And Managing Director
NIC was established in 1999 with the primary purpose to develop the Breakwater area in order to optimize the use of this prime location for economic and social enrichment. As such, the Corporation set a plan for development based on the market’s needs and the Corporation’s financial resources at the time. The vision began with the Marina Mall project which was later to become the premiere shopping destination in Abu Dhabi.
Marina Mall was built to cater to the need for a high quality modern shopping mall with large circulation spaces, quality anchor tenants, and a vast collection of brand names. Opened to the public in 2001, the mall was well received by both tenants and shoppers.
The Corporation continued its growth with the completion of Marina Royal Complex in 2006; A residential compound consisting of 100 top luxury villas, wherein all units enjoy unparalleled sea views. By 2006, the first extension of Marina Mall was completed and opened to the public. The extension enhanced the mall mix which resulted in a substantial increase in footfall, reaching almost 16 million visitors by 2010.
NIC also continues to lease Marina Village Office Park; A compound developed in 2008, consisting of 107 villas for residential and commercial use. As of 2018, NIC added the extravagant Marina Sunset development to its portfolio of projects with 67 villas and 210 residential apartments bringing modern luxury living to the capital.