Board of Directors
NIC is managed by pioneering businessmen represented by:
1. H.H. Dr. Sheikh Sultan Bin Khalifa Al Nahyan – Chairman
2. H.E. Mubarak Mattar Al Humairi – Vice Chairman.
3. H.E. Hamad Rashed Al Nuaimi – Member of the Board of Directors
4. H.E. Saeed Eid Al Ghafli – Member of the Board of Directors
5. H.E. Mohamed Thaaloob Salem Hamad Al Derei – Member of the Board of Directors
6. H.E. Ahmed Saif Ali Al Dhabea Al Darmaki – Member of the Board of Directors
7. H.E. Hisham Abd Ahmid – Member of the Board of Directors
8. H.E. Abdullah Ali Al Saadi – Member of the Board of Directors & Managing Director
9. H.E. Mashwi Yaed Bayat Al Qubaisi – Member of the Board of Directors & Deputy Managing Director
NIC was established primarily for the purpose of developing the Breakwater area in order to optimize the use of such a prime location for economic, social, entertainment and tourism perspectives. Subsequently, the Corporation set a plan for development based on the market’s needs and the Corporation’s financial resources at the time.
This resulted in a number of distinguished projects which have created value for the area as the premiere shopping destination in Abu Dhabi.
Since its establishment in 1999, NIC started with its first project, Marina Mall, to cater to the need for a high quality modern shopping mall with large circulation spaces, quality anchor tenants, and a vast collection of brand names. Marina Mall was opened to the public in 2001 and was very well received by both tenants and shoppers.
The Corporation continued its growth with the completion of Marina Royal in 2006 – a residential compound consisting of 100 top luxury villas, wherein all units enjoyed unparalleled sea views. Also in 2006, the first extension of Marina Mall from the West was completed and opened to the public.
The extension enhanced the Mall mix which resulted in a substantial increase in footfall during 2010, reaching almost 16.0 million visitors.
Also in 2010, NIC continued to lease Marina Village-Office Park – a compound consisting of 107 villas. Due to the high demand for office spaces within the current Abu Dhabi market, NIC management decided to convert this compound into an Office Park in order to maximize returns to the shareholders and cater to a demanding market.
The National Investment Corporation is headquartered in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, with the corporate head office located in Marina Mall.
The Corporation retains the right to establish branches and subsidiaries in other locations within the U.A.E. or abroad as the circumstances might demand.